If you’re looking for some fun and informative social media events to attend, here are a few you might consider over the next couple of months.
This first one is underway and ending tomorrow…
June 11-13: Inbound Marketing Summit in San Francisco, California
- Described as: “The must-attend conference for digital, social and mobile marketing is returning to San Francisco on June 12-13 to the Fort Mason Center.”
- Cost: $299 for 2 days
- Speakers: Kare Anderson, Chris Brogan, Kevin Akeroyd, Rick Bakas, Eric Boggs and more.
June 13-14: Corporate Social Media Summit in New York, New York
- Described as: “This is the premier meeting place for the latest best practice into social media strategy. Now in its 3rd year, it provides the ultimate learning and industry networking experience for the ever-changing marketing community.”
- Cost: $1800 – $2895
- Speakers: Representatives from large companies including Whole Foods, Citi, The Gap, Comcast, McDonalds, Adobe, Lego, New Jersey Devils and more.
- Website: http://usefulsocialmedia.com/newyork
June 19-20: Corporate Social Media Summit in San Francisco, California
- Described As: “The Corporate Social Media Summit is back for its second year, offering you ‘the’ conference designed for the corporate. We promise to help you advance your engagement strategies, exceed ROI expectation, and discover where social media going in 2012 and beyond… with exclusive case studies from ‘front line’ Social Media practitioners, including: eBay, 24 Hour Fitness, Walgreens and many more.”
- Cost: $1800 – $2895
- Speakers: Representatives from eBay, Walgreens, Whole Foods, EventBrite, Telus, General Mills and more.
June 19-20: Emerging Media Conference in Seattle, Washington
- Described As: “This unique social media conference is full of social, mobile, and gaming inspired topics from thought leaders that are intellectually influential in emerging technologies. Bringing hundreds of the most prominent decision-makers in the social, mobile, and gaming industry together to network, discover upcoming products and services, and share ideas about the future of emerging media.”
- Cost: $398 – $718
- Speakers: Speaker list is not published, but websites notes that some of the companies that have registered for the conference include The Home Depot, Expedia, CNN, Bing, American Express and T Mobile.
June 25-26: Social Media B2C Marketing Summit Europe in London, England
- Described As: “Take your social media initiatives to the next level and boost performance. Add value to your brand, increase your online leads and most importantly increase ROI.”
- Cost: £1295 – £2095 + VAT
- Speakers: Representatives from Heineken, Unilever, Expedia, Tom Tom, Nissan, Honda, Nokia and more.
- Website: http://usefulsocialmedia.com/b2c
June 28-29: All Facebook Marketing Conference
- Described As: “All Facebook Marketing Conference 2012 provides proven solutions for building brands and engaging prospective customers. Learn how to grow your follower base and deliver real revenue-generating results.”
- Cost: $25 – $599
- Speakers: David M. Adler, Duncan Alney, Brian Bond, Lisa Buyer, Bill Common, Robert Scoble, Peter Vogel and more.
June 29: Mashable’s “Social Media Day”
(Meet Ups in 414 Cities, at time of this writing)
- Described As: “We launched the event in 2010 as a way to recognize the digital revolution happening right before our eyes. We invite you to join fellow social media enthusiasts by hosting or attending a Social Media Day Meetup in your area.”
- Cost: Free
- Speakers: N/A
- Website: http://mashable.com/smday/
July 1: Social Media Value in London, England
- Described As: “For one day only, Brand Republic are bringing together those that are leading in the social space to delve into the biggest challenges facing the industry today; from demonstrating a ROI to exploring how the channels are evolving.”
- Cost: £549 + VAT
- Speakers: Anirban Saha, Price B. Floyd, Anna Hill, Laura Pierce, William Woodhams and more.
July 26: Social Mix in Toronto, Canada
- Described As: “Learn how to harness the power of social media marketing for your business. What it means to engage, share and build relationships. And why ‘one on one’ relationship building with consumers is crucial to your success.”
- Cost: Early Bird to June 18 is $150. After that, it’s $299.
- Speakers: Gary Vaynerchuk, Amber Mac, Geoff Livingston, Danny Brown and Gini Dietrich
- Website: http://socialmix2012.com/
August 2-4: BlogHer in New York, New York
- Described As: “BlogHer’s 8th Annual Conference is headed back to New York City in 2012. Thousands of bloggers will come together to connect, learn and inspire.”
- Cost: $79 – $598
- Speakers: A huge list including Adria Richards, Alex Asher Sears, Andrew Wilder, Carol Cain, Cecily Kellogg, Jennifer Armstrong, Laura Galloway, Lynette Young, Melanie Edwards and more.
- Website: http://www.blogher.com/blogher-12
August 21 – 22: Social Media Strategies Summit
- Described As: “Whether your organization is just starting out or in the forefront of social media, Social Media Strategies Conference will take your social strategy to the next level. Through hands-on workshops, case studies and keynotes, our Denver conference will provide attendees with emerging strategies, tactics and the top do’s and don’ts of social media marketing.”
- Cost: $395 – $1690 (non-profits get in for less)
- Speakers: Representatives from Boston Market, NCAA, Sports Authority, Warner Home Video and other companies providing social media expertise.
September 4-6: Content Marketing World in Columbus, Ohio
- Described As: “Content Marketing World is the largest gathering of content marketing professionals in the world. Our 2011 event brought together over 600 marketing professionals from 18 different countries.”
- Cost: $1295 – $1690
- Speakers: Sam Sebastian (Google), Mitch Joel and Jack Hanna. Representatives from Kraft, Sears Intel and more. Other featured speakers include Brian Clark, Lee Odden and Michael Stelzner.